I too get Boston Organics. I found that I had a plethora of greens in my fridge and didn’t know what to do with them so I made this soup and it came out great!
- 4-6 cups greens well washed and chopped course ( I use kale, beet greens, and swiss chard) Make sure you soak it and rinse it well. Greens tend to be really sandy.
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- olive oil
- 6 cups veggie broth ( I use vegetarian boulion cubes)
- 3 yukon or white potatoes peeled and cubed bite-sized
- 1-2 cans white beans (depends on how much you like beans)
- 4 veggie italian sausage cup bite-sized and sauteed in olive oil until browned slightly
- Juice of one lemon
- salt and pepper
- Sautee the onion, carrot and celery in olive oil for 5-10 minutes until cooked but not browned.
- Add 4 cups veggie broth and greens and cook for approx 10-15 minutes until greens are wilted but still bright green.
- Blend in a blender or food processer until finely chopped but not pureed. This soup should be hearty!
- Return to pot, add 2 more cups of broth and potatoes and cook on medium until potatoes are tender. Add sausage and white beans and salt and pepper to taste and lemon juice.
- Warm up and serve with crusty bread. Yum!